Everyone needs a go to cheeseball recipe. This is mine.
(In an effort to save you valuable time, I decided NOT to include my life story and how it relates to this recipe…. it’s just a cheeseball. Just make it yourself.)
- 2 blocks cream cheese (let it sit out to soften)
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I play around with different types of cheese to create different flavors)
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsps garlic powder (to taste- I honestly don’t think you can ever have too much garlic…. so go wild)
Combine ingredients in a stand mixer if you want your life to be easy. Or mix by hand if you are lacking the proper equipment. Hard work won’t kill you.
For a trip to flavor town:
Jalapeño Ranch Cheddar
- Take the basic recipe but use 4oz white cheddar and 4 ounces sharp cheddar
- Add 1 jalapeño diced or shredded thin. (Without seeds)
- And half a ranch dressing/seasoning packet (if you are feeling bad about using a store bought seasoning packet – remember you only live once)
- Roll in pecan bits (because this is Texas and pecans are awesome)
- 8-10 Ritz crackers crushed (a ziplock bag works wonders) and combined with 2 tsb of smoked paprika (it’s way better than regular paprika)
Roll cheeseball in a roundish shape and cover with topping. For a fuller flavor, let cheeseball set in the fridge for 2 hours. Or overnight. Serve with crackers.
If you want to feel like your college art degree wasn’t a waste of money, sculpt your cheeseball into a pumpkin. Then, wait for the applause and cheering to begin.